Banbury wine merchant SH Jones’s South African Variety Show tasting next Thursday, 17 May looks unmissable.
Winemakers (including young gun Craig Hawkins, pictured), estate owners, winery representatives and importers will be showing around 80 wines (and no Coca-Cola!)
Wineries represented include :-
- Rustenberg (Murray Barlow, proprietor)
- Paul Cluver (Paul Cluver Jr)
- Klein Constantia (Iain Phillips, MentzendorfUK, importer)
- Meerlust Estate (Marni Laurent Trammell – Maison Marques et Domaines)
- Spice Route (Charls du Plessis, winemaker)
- Catherine Marshall (Catherine Marshall)
- Bouchard Finlayson (Peter Finlayson)
- Kaapzicht Estate (Yngvild Steytler, proprietor)
- Seven Springs (Tim Pearson, proprietor)
- Glenelly Estate (Luke O’Cuinneagain, winemaker)
- Thandi (Vernon Henn, general manager)
- Ernie Els (Lynton Kaiser, marketing manager)
- Warwick Estate (James Dare, EU market manager)
- Lammershoek (Craig Hawkins, Winemaker)
- Sadie Family (Andrew Higgs, Richards Walford)
Wines will also be on show from A A Badenhorst Family Helderberg, Slowine and Reyneke
I’m told there will be special offers, including a limited number of subsidised ‘Discover the diversity’ mixed cases during May on a first come first served basis.
The ticket price (subbed by Wines of South Africa) is a very bargainful £5 per person. The event runs from 7.00pm to 9.30pm.
Contact SH Jones on 01295 251177 about ticket availability.